You've probably seen this, if you've been on the Internet for long, it's hard to avoid it. It's still worth listing here because this woman is possessed. The site is enormous:Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet - Friday, August 26, 2005 -
- More than 240,700 links!
- 234,200 categorized & cross-referenced links
- More than 150 categories
- Another 6,500+ new, uncategorized links in the works
She describes her site this way:
- A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.
- A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- A free jumping-off point for you to use in your online research.
- A "card catalog" to the genealogical collection in the immense library that is the Internet.
- Your genealogical research portal onto the Internet.
Gereral facts about the site:
- The main index page of Cyndi's List has more than 15,000 visitors each day.
- The entire Cyndi's List web site has more than 70,000 page hits each day (not counting hits to each of the graphics on the site).
- On average I add 1,500 new links, update/correct 600 links, and delete 300 non-working links each month.
- There are over 120 categories on the list, as well as individual pages for each US state and each Canadian province.
- The list began with 1,025 links all listed on one page. The list is now contained on more than 330 individual pages.
- I receive more than 200 e-mail messages each day and manage to get through about 100 the same day. A lot of the e-mail I receive contains questions that can be answered by reading these
I don't do genealogy questions, but if you do, or know someone that does, this would be an excellent resource.
|Internet Travels of a Google Answers Researcher||Results 1 - 10 for Internet Travels of a Google Answers Researcher[definition].|
links to this post
Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve
|Google Answers Home - Blogger - Blogger Templates|
© 2005 Internet Travels of a Google Answers Researcher